Bond Issue Construction News 2015
(To see photos on mobile device, go to full web view HERE
| 2015 BOND ISSUE CONSTRUCTION UPDATE:
(Detailed information and photos about construction completed in 2013 can be found HERE,
and information about work completed in 2014 can be found HERE.)
| Have a question? Ask us HERE. Help us develop our FAQ resource page.
View current and previous Bid/RFP/RFQ notices HERE.
ADDITIONS TO WESTERLY AND NORMANDY ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS:
Bay Village voters approved $16.8 million in 2012 to refurbish, restore and upgrade our school buildings. We promised to do the work that would keep our schools in service for the next 20-25 years. We are happy to report that we have not only kept that promise, but that we have also taken that money even further than we thought we could.
This video will give you the details of that work.
||Still To Come:
Classroom Air Conditioning Project (an additional 23 Bay High classrooms and additional classrooms at two elementary schools); Bay High community walking path; LED stadium field lights; replacement of district phone system.
More Summer of 2015 work:
|Paving at Normandy, Westerly, Bay High, Central Office and Stadium
- Parking and re-paving during the summer months of 2015 took place at both elementary schools, Bay High and the K. T. Allen Building (central office).
- Additional parking (16 spaces) were added behind Normandy, along with a small area in front of the school for very short-term parking.
- Asphalt around the track at Bay High Memorial Stadium has been widened.
|1) New ceilings, lighting and floors in various areas at Normandy, Westerly and Bay High
2) Wireless network expansion at all schools
3) Closed-circuit television system for public areas at Bay High
4) Upgrade to sound system and new projector system at Bay High auditorium
5) Complete refurbish of Bay High cafeteria including ceilings, floor, and furnishings
6) Additional new furniture at Westerly and Normandy elementary schools
7) HVAC upgrade at Bay High gymnasium, cafeteria and K. T. Allen (central office) building
8) New entry doors for Westerly Elementary and Bay High
9) New lockers for much of Bay High School (late summer or early fall)
10) New electronic activity sign at Bay High (sign itself funded by Bay Village Alumni Association)
11) New home stadium bleachers and end zone band bleachers (start November 2015)
12) Finishing construction of Westerly Media Center (library) addition
13) Finishing construction of Normandy classroom addition
Westerly Elementary will have a new Media Center addition to the northwest end
of the current building and some upgrades to the building's front facade.
Normandy Elementary will have a new classroom/meeting room addition to the east end of the current building.
|(This is a rotating slideshow.)
Construction Site Plans (links above right) show construction-fenced area from June 2014 - June 2015.
Detailed information and photos about construction completed in 2013 can be found HERE.
Detailed information and photos about construction completed in 2014 can be found HERE.
Menu items at the left (or for mobile users, below under Navigation)
offer detailed information about the scope of work to be covered in the facilities upgrades as well as anticipated costs.